"Beauty in Brief" is a series of video clip excerpts from the Nothing More Beautiful presentations made at St. Joseph's Basilica on February 16, 2012. We offer them for use as short reflections. Each clip concludes with a few questions you may wish to consider.
Nothing More Beautiful is produced in partnership with Salt and Light Catholic Media Foundation, a registered charity devoted to spreading the light of Christ through media.
Bishop Donald Bolen: Sacrament and the Incarnation (3:10)
- What does it mean to be in a covenant relationship with God?
- In what ways do I experience the nearness of God through the sacraments?
Bishop Donald Bolen: Immersion into Tender Mercy (2:23)
- Why is water the sign used in Baptism?
- How does Baptism connect me/us with all others who have baptized?
Bishop Donald Bolen: Outpouring of Grace (3:00)
- How can I live my life as one belonging totally to Christ?
- How would I explain the grace of the Sacrament of Confirmation to someone else?
Bishop Donald Bolen: The Gift of Self (2:50)
- How can I prepare myself for the celebration of the great gift of the Eucharist?
- How has the Eucharist helped me to experience God’s mercy and love?
Bishop Donald Bolen: Forgiveness (2:23)
- What does the story of the prodigal son say to me? With whom in the story do I identify most closely?
- What reasons have I used to avoid the Sacrament of Reconciliation?
Teresa Kellendonk: In Service to Others(3:48)
- Describe a moment when you experienced God in or through another person.
- How are we called to be a ‘sacrament’ to others in our lives?
As a family
As a parish community
As a school